Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Our Relationship

Ay ya yi. My Anatomy midterm is today =( I'm just taking a quick break since I have until 4:30 to study.

On a serious note I've been thinking a lot about my walk with God. I had a talk with Tj yesterday and we both agreed that unfortunately school has been our primary focus lately and we haven't been devoting as much time to God as we should. It's true that tough times and trials make us closer to God but I don't only want to be in prayer when I "need" something. How many of you are guilty of that? because I know I am. We pray and pray for the things we hope to happen and finally when things get comfortable it seems as if we don't need God anymore. Imagine being a parent and your child only going to you when they need money..no "Hi Mom/Hi Dad"," I love you" and "how are you doing?". Wouldn't you feel under appreciated? Well that's how we treat God even though we don't realize it. If you have a boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife don't we all put in a whole lot of effort to keep the relationship strong? Our relationship with God should be number one, then your spouse and then your children. I'm not saying that I'm not guilty of all these things because I am. Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily lives and responsibilities that we brush Him off and pencil him in our book for another day. On my part I will try my very best to be committed to devotions first thing in the morning of everyday. Would you like to join me? Let me know so we can pray for each other.

Happy moments,praise God.

Difficult moments,seek God.

Quite moments,worship God.

Painful moments,trust God.

Every moment,Thank God.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with ya :]

Let's do it.

March 26, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home