Wednesday, April 29, 2009

balloons

It's been awhile since I last blogged here..


Today Tj & I decided to buy Nathan balloons at Party City. As I was picking out the balloons I started thinking to myself..what kind of balloons would Nathan have wanted? Would he have grown to be a Barney fan? Well later I asked an employee "how long do these balloons usually last?" and he replied with "2 days to a week but you can just come and pick it up the day of the event or the day you need it". I paused and just said "it's ok..we'll just take it". Little mini conversations such as these suck so bad. It's like..well should I tell him why I'm buying these balloons or should I just leave it at that. Walking around Party City I spotted mardi gra beads..Nathan loveddddd playing with mardi gra beads... It makes me sad when I see all these things & toys I know Nathan enjoyed or would have enjoyed. Anyways I was browsing through my myspace friends today and I noticed that so many babies were born this year..either that or people are expecting. I couldn't help but feel jealous. I have friends who are on their second child and yet I couldn't even keep my first. All I know is that God had already written all of the days of Nathan's life even before I was born. We will never understand God's mysterious ways but all I can say is that God is good, God is merciful, and He loves us.

I finally pretty much finalized Nathan's flat marker design. I know you're thinking..wow.."it's already May". I know that I'm not in some kind of denial but just having to put so much effort and time into something that only reminds you that your son is gone is very hard to deal with. I should be designing invitations,thank you cards or updates...not a flat marker that is going to be placed in a cemetary. I won't post my final draft just yet.. but maybe in a few weeks when we're completely sure of how it will look. All I can say that it's a flat marker, 24x12, black marble, one big picture and 6 little pictures of Nathan will be in ceramic, laser etching in color of animals on the bottom border of the marker, laser etching of Nathan's footprints and a little paragraph taken from the song " If you could see me now". I've been in contact with a company in Memphis,Tennessee...right now I only have an estimate of the price quote but in a few days I'll know exactly how much it'll cost us.

As of school I was super busy last week..I can honestly say last week was my busiest week so far this semester. I had to take 4 exams =*( within a one week time frame. Only one more month of Spring semester left and then Physiology for summer school. To be honest I think that even with a stable career I would still want to keep going to school..it's just how I am. But we'll see..


As for weekend plans I'm pretty excited for this weekend. This Friday & Saturday Tj and I will be at a marriage conference in Santa Clara.

Here's a quick summary taken from the website: " A Weekend To Remember is the result of more than three decades of biblical research by a team of men and women who distilled what it takes to have a successful marriage and family. You will learn about timeless blueprints for marriage, commitment and communication, and about romance and resolving conflict."

I think this conference will be great for our marriage. Being young and married is stressful enough..now add the loss of a child. I thank God for such a wonderful opportunity to strengthen our marriage. To those interested in participating it's not too late! You can still register and it's $129 a couple. This Sunday will be the AVM walk too!

AVM update: We are just 5 days away from the AVM walk!!! We have already raised an amazing $1,700 so far. Thank you everyone for your generous contributions..this really means a lot. I already ordered a banner for Sunday and it should be delivered here tomorrow by 4:30pm. I looked over the team baby Nathan roster the other day and I believe we have 30 people officially registered to walk with us on Sunday. I will be sending out emails tomorrow that will include more information for Sunday.





goodnight everyone..









<3 Nathan's mommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home